23 Jan Punching Worry in the Face – Day 2
Okay… we’re on a mission.
It’s a mission to “punch worry in the face” and beat it out of our lives over the next 30 days. Punching Worry in the Face-Day 2.
Okay… we’re on a mission.
It’s a mission to “punch worry in the face” and beat it out of our lives over the next 30 days.
On day 1, we offered a podcast on this very subject to kick things off. Click here to listen in.
If you haven’t listened to it… I HIGHLY suggest that you do.
It will give you a specific strategy to get you started.
Plus, it helps to set up today’s activity.
In the podcast, I talk about our “3 Buckets” approach to filtering worry.
It’s a simple concept that we can use to help filter those things that can tempt us to worry. (Again, if you haven’t listened to to the podcast… do. I think you’ll dig it.)
So… before we move on to the next “worry-busting” strategy… I want to give you a few days to think about the “3 Buckets” and apply them to your world.
Today I want to offer you a “3-minute journal” question*.
(This is a question you can journal for 3 minutes. NOTE: You can write your response to the question in a nice leather bound journal, or on the back of an envelope or on that random sheet of paper that’s on your desk to remind you of something but you can’t really remember what it was for… but you can’t bring yourself to throw it away yet. Yeah… use any of those.)
Based on the “3 Buckets,” what are a few things you want to be intentional about “controlling” today?
Think about it.
Write a few things down.
Admittedly, there are days I wish I could write down:
- The weather
- My airplane’s arrival time
- My co-worker
- My neighbor’s dog
But… we can’t really control these things. Can we?
Even though we can’t write down things that are out of our control… this is still an important list. Isn’t it?
What could go on your list today? (Seriously… take out that sheet of paper and get to writing.)
Since I’m doing this with you… I’ll share my “control” list for today:
- My attitude (I’m a pretty happy guy, but I can still get freakishly grumpy too! It’s a choice to be happy.)
- My focus (at least for a 2-hour window when I really get to focus on my creative stuff)
- Being SUPER intentional about being present at the dinner table tonight with family
- Sending off 3 important proposals to clients (I have to “let go” of the results)
Those are the things on my own “Control” list today.
How about you?
Write a few down… and then… if you’re joining us for the “30 Days to Punch Worry in the Face,” comment below.
Let us know at least one thing you’re going to be intentional about controlling today. As you do, that will help you to draw a line in the sand for something you’re going to “control” today. And it will inspire others to take the challenge too.
Let’s do this!
See you tomorrow. 🙂
* NOTE: I call this a “3 minute journal” activity, because I only want you to spend a couple of minutes on it. I just wanted to be clear here… so that I didn’t confuse this activity with the freakishly awesome “5 Minute Journal.” (Yeah… that would almost be like launching the “6 Minute Abs” DVD after the mega success of the “7 Minute Abs” DVD… right?) If you haven’t checked out this great tool… I highly suggest you do. I love it.