27 Mar Five things Dwight Schrute can teach you about going after your BIG dreams!
Five things Dwight Schrute can teach you about going after your BIG dreams!
Yeah… love him or hate him… Dwight is here to stay.
And he’s got some things to teach us about going after our big dreams and goals!
1 – Know your stuff!
Sure… when you go after a big dream… you don’t have to know everything there is to know. But stay with it and learn all that you can!
- Who’s someone that you could be learning from today?
- What if you reached out to someone that does something TOTALLY different than you do… and you bought them coffee just to find out more about their world? (You might just learn something about your own!)
2 – Have a set of rules you live by.
That’s right. Have a set of rules. Rules you live by. They may involve male turkeys… OR they may just address how you’re going to treat people as you go after those big dreams. But have some rules.
- What are some of the rules you are going to live by?
- What are some things that are a part of your life’s code?
3 – Believe in your future!
Yeah… that’s right. You’re future is so bright… you’ve got to wear… goggles.
What if you took 5 minutes today to think about your future? What if you took a break over the lunch hour and asked yourself a few questions?
- What would be some things you’d love to have in your life in 5 years?
- What are 3 things you’d love to experience in 3 years?
- What are 2 things you’d love to experience in the next 2 years?
- What’s one thing you’d love to do before the end of this year?
4: Be prepared!
Okay… so Dwight brings weapons. What do you want to bring?
- What small but significant thing could you grab today… to help you take a step towards your dream or goal today?
- Is it an app to help you keep track of your to-dos?
- Is it an online course to help you develop a skill?
- Is it a conversation with someone who is walking out a goal similar to yours?
Or… is it a bow staff?
5: Set the standard!
- What if everyone in your office started to act like you? Would it be a better place… or would it be worse?
- What do you want to see more of in your organization?
- What do you dream of the world being like?
- What could you do… to be more like that yourself… today?
By the way… bears do beat Battlestar Galactica!
Okay… so what have you learned from Dwight?
Let us know… join in the conversation. We’d love to hear from you on what you’ve learned from Dwight over the years.
Keep dreaming big and helping others to do the same,