03 Aug 364: Wm. Paul Young – A very real conversation on experiencing true joy and real freedom… more often.
Wm. Paul Young is back! And I’m so excited for this first “Friends of Dream Think Do” episode! We’re throwing out the clock… as we dive into important subjects and topics I’m curious with friends who have perspectives I think you’ll appreciate! And Paul… did not disappoint!
Wow! We talk about everything from what’s the difference between happiness and joy… but more importantly… how Paul walks in a true sense of joy… almost constantly. We talk about family relationships and the importance of grace (and some specific “how-tos” to achieve it more often).
Plus, we dive into some of YOUR questions! Everything from “What’s something that you wish you’d done differently with the Shack (the 24M+ bestseller)?” to… “How did you craft the Trinity as you were writing the book?” to… “What’s next?” to… “How do you handle criticism?” and SOOOO much more. I think you’re going to love it! So let’s get to it!
- Paul’s Most Recent DTD Episode: JOY as a Constant Companion: mitchmatthews.com/william-paul-young
- My interview with Paul’s Daughter Lexi: Overcoming Fear and Dreaming Big with your Kids! https://mitchmatthews.com/329
- My interview with The Chosen’s George Xanthis: Life As John – An Actor’s Journey: https://mitchmatthews.com/333
- A Deep Dive on Prayer: https://mitchmatthews.com/314/
MORE ON THE AUTHOR:
- Wm. Paul Young’s Website: https://wmpaulyoung.com
- His Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wmpaulyoung
- His Facebooks: https://www.facebook.com/TheShackOfficial
- His books on Amazon: Click here
DREAM THINK DO MINUTE BY MINUTE:
- 0:02 What Mitch has been up to this Summer
- 3:24 Welcome back the amazing Paul Young
- 9:14 Making the conscious decision to stay present
- 20:05 The difference between asking for forgiveness and apologizing
- 28:18 What wholeness really looks like
- 33:28 What love really looks like
- 41:49 What goodness really looks like
- 55:45 How to start writing your first or next book
- 1:01:00 How Paul chose to craft the physical entities of the Holy Trinity
- 1:10:38 One of the biggest surprising things for Paul with “The Shack”
- 1:16:20 Mitch’s minute and recap
Since we’re coming up on 365 Episodes… would you take this opportunity to leave a review on Apple Podcasts? Click here and be taken to the show.
Simply give it an honest rating and… if you’re willing… a quick review. Share something you’d want others to know about Mitch and the show!
Every review counts and each one helps us to reach more people! That makes a BIG difference because… as you know… we want to help the world to dream bigger, think better and do more of what each person’s put on the planet to do! So… THANKS!!!
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
How about YOU!? What stood out to you from this “Friends of Dream Think Do” episode? More importantly… what’s something that stuck with you?
Also, let’s hear YOUR thoughts, tips and strategies for experiencing a sense of JOY more often? What’s something that works for YOU?
And hey… what questions do YOU still have? Comment and let me know!
And PLEASE share this very special episode with someone who YOU think would appreciate it and/or might be needing it… right now! They’ll thank you!
Know I’m rooting for you!
MORE ON THE EPISODE:
When William Paul Young turned 50, his wife Kim asked him to write down some notes about his outlook on God, life, love and grace. It was supposed to be for their kids.
He obliged. (He did it while on a train as he commuted to his 3 different jobs.) But those “notes” turned into a book that became the international bestseller, ‘The Shack.’
This week, I talk with Paul about his experiences with writing the book (and his 3 other bestsellers). But more importantly… we talk about his outlook on grace, love, the pressures of life, God, facing criticism and controversy… and we even talk about what he’s working on next.
Plus… we answer a number of YOUR questions!