06 Apr 357: Jake Thompson – 5 Surprisingly Simple [and powerful] Time Management Strategies to Maximize Your Day
Today my guest is Jake Thompson and we’re talking about 5 Surprisingly Simple [and powerful] Time Management Strategies to Maximize Your Day!
Jake NEEDS solid time management strategies. Why? Well… he’s the CEO of Compete Every Day… a training and performance apparel company with kick butt clothing to help you stay healthy, motivated, ambitious and hungry! Plus,… in addition to being an entrepreneur…
He’s also a performance coach, podcaster, speaker and author. (His podcast is called “Compete Every Day.”) Jake is really really good at helping people to create the habits, focus & mindset they need to create their competitive edge.
In this conversation, we dig into 5 strategies Jake uses to maximize each working day. They’re powerful… and surprisingly simple.
Heck… most won’t take more time… but they’ll create more time in your day. I think you’ll like his take on these proven concepts. But most importantly, you’ll be able to apply them as soon as you’re done listening. So let’s get to it!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN JAKE THOMPSON EPISODE:
- JAKE’s WEBSITE: https://www.competeeveryday.com/
- JAKE’s PODCAST: https://podcast.competeeveryday.com/
- JAKE’s BOOK: https://www.competeeveryday.com/products/compete-every-day-book
OTHER RELATED DREAM THINK DO EPISODES:
MANAGE TIME. LIVE INTENTIONALLY, WITH TRAVIS ENSLEY: www.mitchmatthews.com/182
DREAM BIG… NO MATTER WHAT! WITH AMBERLY LAGO: www.mitchmatthews.com/310
THE CALENDAR DRIVEN TO-DO LIST: www.mitchmatthews.com/237
DREAM THINK DO MINUTE BY MINUTE:
- 0:02 What’s inside today’s episode
- 3:04 Let’s talk about time management! Welcome back Jack Thompson
- 4:00 The first mindset shift we need to start mastering your time
- 6:52 What it takes to set yourself up for success every day
- 9:15 Be productive every day not just busy
- 10:40 Managing your mental energy
- 16:10 How Jack strategically uses the last 15 mins of his day
- 22:01 Identifying and executing your priorities
- 25:55 A practical tip to start buying back time
- 28:28 The importance of a strong routine
- 31:17 Mitch’s minute
I want to hear from YOU!
Yup… I want to hear from you.
What do you think? What’s something that resonated with you from what Jake suggested?
What’s something you want to try as a result of listening in?
AND/OR… what’s something YOU lean on for time management? What’s something (big or small) that allows you to get more done, stay focused or manage your priorities?
Chime in. Share your thoughts. Leave a comment and let us know!!!
I can’t wait to hear from YOU!