16 Feb 350: 5 Keys to Starting YOUR OWN Podcast
Have you ever thought about launching your own podcast? You’ve got a topic you’re passionate about or a group of people you really feel called to help… and you’ve wondered, “Should I start a podcast?” Well… if that’s you (or you just curious about some of the behind-the-scenes on the podcast industry) THIS episode is for you! By the way… should everyone start a podcast? The answer is NO! An emphatic no! BUT more people should start a podcast than you might think! We’ll talk about WHO should think about launching a podcast and we’ll talk about HOW to get one started (it’s easier than you might think). Plus, we’ll help you to beat out 85% of all podcasts almost immediately! Oh, and since this is episode 350… we’ll also reminisce a bit. We’ll dig into some of my favorites and some fun behind-the-scenes stories that have gotten us here! So let’s get to this!
OTHER RELATED EPISODES and LINKS:
Antonio Neves: 3 Keys to Beating a Mid-Career Slump! (Click Here)
Jamie Kern Lima: Dump The Doubt! (Click Here)
Howard Berger | “Don’t blow up the house!” – Mitch Matthews (Click Here)
Jillian Michaels: “This Might Surprise You!” (Click Here)
Dr. Donny Jackson: “Bet On Yourself!” (Click Here)
Some Surprising Stats on Starting a Podcast:
At this time, there are still less than 3 million podcasts worldwide, BUT there are over 37 million YouTube channels, and over 1 billion blogs. (Yeah… that’s BILLION… with a “b.”)
According to Edison Research… about 65 to 75% of Americans have heard a podcast.
- 37% of the US listens on a monthly basis
- 28% of the US Population Listen to Podcasts on a Weekly Basis
- 70% of all podcasts are listened to via Apple Podcasts
Get this… ONLY 15% of new podcasts make it to 11 episodes. And only 15% of those podcasts will make it to 100 episodes! BUT… the longer you stay in… the better the chance you have of finding your audience and thriving!
5 Tips for Starting A Podcast:
- Start with WHO
- Start small… but start!
- Go in with a STARTER PLAN… but commit to figure most things out as you go!
- Research for your INTRO and 3 questions!
- Honor your Guests and make them feel safe
- 0:02 Whether you’ve thought about launching podcast or not… this episode could be for you!
- 7:40 Who should and shouldn’t start a podcast
- 13:14 The story behind Mitch’s first podcast
- 19:02 The fun rewards of having a podcast
- 31:45 Commit to learning as you go
- 36:26 Th practical tips you need to get started
- 41:30 What your first 10 episodes should be about
- 44:01 How often you should release new episodes
- 47:30 Mind mapping your episode
- 50:34 The importance of a good introduction
- 1:00:00 It’s okay to ask for help
I want to hear from YOU!
What’s something that stood out to you? More importantly… are you more excited about launching a podcast… OR… did this episode help you learn that podcasting isn’t for you? Let me know! And hey… if you have more questions… let me know! I can’t wait to hear from YOU!
Lastly, please don’t forget to share this episode! And when you do either tag me or just include the #dreamthinkdo.