10 Nov 340: Stop Overthinking and Get It Done! – Jon Acuff
Jon Acuff is a creative force for good. Heck, I’d even call him a creative juggernaut. He’s written 7 NYT bestselling books in the last 11 years… including “Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done,” and “START: Punch fear in the face, escape average and do work that matters.”
His most recent book is “Soundtracks – The Surprising Solution to Overthinking.” (It’s crazy good!) Guys… 7 books in 11 years? Creatively… that’s like having 7 babies in 11 years. Not only that… but he’s talking with and creating content for a lot of people.
He’s an INC Magazine Top 100 Leadership speaker and has spoken to hundreds of thousands of people at conferences and companies around the world. Plus, he’s creating content for his “robust” (total understatement) social media following.
Oh… and he’s got his podcast too… “All it takes is a goal.”As he delivers all of this amazing content… he brings powerful tools and strategies… with some serious doses of humor… truth and hope.
During our conversation… we’re going to talk about how he creates all of this content AND how he has to apply the strategies from his own book… to bust through the overthinking trap that can shut us all down! It’s a powerful and fun conversation I think you’re going to love! So let’s get to it!
FIND JON ON THE WEBS:
JON ACUFF EPISODE MINUTE BY MINUTE:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 1:27 Episode begins
- 4:30 A look into Jon’s creative process
- 10:02 Why speaking is perfect for introverts
- 15:41 Jon’s journaling routine
- 20:36 How Jon sets his week up for success
- 27:11 Your key to stop overthinking for good
- 32:02 Finding your “broken soundtracks”
- 41:12 Jon’s Doppelganger
- 42:48 How to add more honest humor to your life
- 44:43 A new project Jon is working on
- 50:26 Mitch’s Minute
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Okay… so I shared some of my biggest takeaways during my Mitch’s Minute (which may have been a little bit more like 10 minutes!). How about YOU!? What’s something that struck you from this conversation? I want to hear from YOU!
- Somewhere you’ve been overthinking and you need some new “Soundtracks”
- Something you needed to hear
- Something that resonated (big or small)
- Something you TOTALLY agreed with
- Or… something you DIDN’T agree with at all
- Or… what’s a NEW “soundtrack” that you’re playing after listening to this convo
Leave a comment and let me know. I can’t wait to hear from YOU!