28 Jan 309: Permission to Start Dreaming (again)
In this deep dive, you and I dig into stories and strategies to help you to start to dream (again). Let’s face it. We know a LOT of you are really excited about our goal of launching 1 Million Dreams this year… but if we’re honest… a lot of our dreams have gotten beat up in 2020.
All sorts of curveballs have been thrown. Setbacks. Valleys. Tough stuff. So, if we’re going to be real… we have to acknowledge that it might be a little “tender” to give yourself permission to dream.
Well… if you’re a long-time DREAM THINK DOer… you know there are countless stories of real people doing amazing things against incredibly challenging circumstances…
BUT they had to give themselves permission to dream first. So, that’s what we’re going after in this really important episode! Let’s get to it!
J.T. Fox’s Story:
Listen to Mitch’s interview with J.T. Fox: www.mitchmatthews.com/041
John Howard’s Story:
During the episode, Mitch references John Howard’s story of pedaling a bike and hitting 152 mph!
If you want to see footage from the actual event… check it out here:
Mitch’s Book: IGNITE
Mitch mentioned his book, “IGNITE: 3 Simple Steps for re-sparking Your Buried Dreams and Building a Plan That Finally Works.” It’s something he created with Visual Author and Photographer, Jocelyn Wallace.
It’s a reading experience that will help you to get clear on your dreams, but a simple but powerful plan and then take action! Click here to find out more and grab a copy.
STEP 1: Listen to the episode to get some stories and strategies to help in this process. Let’s pour some gas on that fire!
STEP 2: Ask yourself some questions:
- What are some things I’d love to try?
- What are some things I’d love to experience?
- What are some things I’d love to do in the next year?
- What are (at least) 10 things I’d do… if I won $100 million in the lottery?
STEP 3: Create a list of (at least) 10 dreams (big or small) you’d love to accomplish.
STEP 4: Get ready to DREAM TOGETHER!
- Invite a friend to join you on this journey! (Or get a group of friends to join you!)
- Have them listen to the episode.
- Then connect and talk about a few dreams (big or small) you want to go after this year.
- NOTE: Our app (the beta version will be available in early February) will help you to work together on this. So get ready by coming up with your list of possible dreams and goals to pursue. #letsdothis
Permission to Start Dreaming EPISODE MINUTE-BY-MINUTE:
- 0:02 Welcome to episode 309 (Permission to Start Dreaming again)
- 0:31 What today is all about
- 1:16 Recap of our 2021 goal
- 2:03 Unexpected feedback
- 6:09 Why Mitch host his podcast
- 8:08 Where dreaming starts
- 14:47 Don’t move on from dreaming too quickly
- 16:48 Don’t let overthinking kill your dreams
- 18:37 The bicycle story
- 31:40 What do you want to try?
- 33:16 Write down 10 dreams
- 38:11 Do the homework!
WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
We want to hear from YOU! What’s one of the dreams (big or small) you’re putting on your list? How did you go about it? Did you grab a lottery ticket or did you do something else to get the ideas flowing? Click comments and let us know. We can’t wait to hear from YOU!
ONE FINAL THOUGHT:
Albert Einstein once said, “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.”
Whew! That’s powerful. Now… that’s not to say we shouldn’t THINK and put together an awesome plan to get those big dreams done. BUT like Mitch said in this episode, it’s important to give yourself room to DREAM first. Then, once we have some of those dreams (big or small) clarified… then we can begin to THINK and plan.
So… who’s in for some DREAMING? Let’s do this!