14 Jan 306: The Year to Launch 1 Million Dreams
We’re kicking off 2021 with a bold and audacious goal. It’s to launch 1 million dreams in one year! I know… I know. That might sound crazy… especially following all the wildness of 2020 and the first few weeks of 2021. BUT it feels like it’s needed now… more than ever! That’s right! We need a shared goal. Something to focus on.
Something that could bring a much-needed injection of good, connection, and collaboration into this world! In this episode, we talk about the genesis of the idea, who should join in and some strategies to get started!
It’s a crazy weird dream… but hey… it’s usually those types of dreams that change the world for the better… right? And make life a lot more fun too. So… let’s do this!
DREAM THINK DO RESOURCES:
Chandler Bolt: 3 Keys to Publishing Your First Book – www.mitchmatthews.com/160
Kelsey Merritt: Getting Clarity on your Dreams – www.mitchmatthews.com/153
Introducing Kelsey to Bee Keeper, Brent Wesley:
BRUCE – Running With The Bulls:
MORE FROM THE The Year to Launch 1 Million Dreams EPISODE:
“Sometimes our setbacks are SETUPS for something better!”
CALL TO ACTION:
PART 1: Give yourself permission to DREAM.
- Get clear on a few new goals or dreams for this year.
- Consider Dreaming in “Categories”
- Do the following categories make you think of new and different dreams?
- Career, Education, Travel, Service, Media and Entertainment, Spiritual, Health & Fitness, Family and Relationships, Financial and Real Estate… AND Dreams that Defy Categorization.
- SPECIFIC: Write down at least 1 to 3 dreams
PART 2: Invite someone to DREAM with you!
- Dreaming together is a LOT more fun.
- So invite someone to listen to this episode… and then dream together.
- Set up a phone call or a zoom call to talk about some dreams (big or small) you might want to pursue in the coming days. NOTE: Don’t worry about whether they’re “big” or “small.” If they matter to you… they’re important!
- Then, encourage each other! The encouragement can come in the form of:
- Just listening (because someone really listening can be pretty rare these days)
- Encouragement (let them know you’re excited for them and the dream)
- Connections, suggestions, and ideas (Don’t worry! You don’t have to have all the answers, but if you do have something that might help the person… offer it!)
- that’s pretty rare
Don’t invite your grumpy uncle!!! (NOT YET… at least.)
Invite that crazy cool friend of yours… the one who’s just the right amount of crazy. Just like you.
Have ’em listen to the episode… and then set a time to connect.
Then talk about what you might want to go after this year!
Let’s get ready to make 2021 our biggest and best year yet… NO MATTER WHAT!!!
EPISODE The Year to Launch 1 Million Dreams MINUTE BY MINUTE:
- 1:08 Sometimes setbacks are setups
- 8:39 Entertaining the idea of “what if?”
- 13:15 Focusing on the good
- 14:03 Dreams can vary but the dream journey can be shared
- 16:35 You’re more resilient than you think.
- 18:04 If we’re gonna be crazy, we may as well do it together
- 19:06 Give yourself permission to dream
- 23:42 Give yourself permission to be imperfect
- 25:00 Be like Bruce
- 29:10 The story of the Big Dream gathering
- 40:37 A call to action for the new year
- 50:05 You don’t have to do it alone
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU:
Yes! That’s right. I want to hear from YOU! Are you IN? Let me know in the comments with a quick “I’m IN!” or a “LET’S DO THIS!”
Plus, let me know your thoughts on whether this is something that feels important right now. I think it is… not because it’s easy… but because it’s needed. But… I want to hear YOUR thoughts! Let me know.