12 Nov Kara Goldin: Stay Curious. Be Unstoppable!
Kara Goldin is my guest today. As many of you know, Kara is the CEO and founder of HINT Water. She’s also the author of a bestselling brand new book called, “Undaunted – Overcoming Doubts and Doubters.” In the book… she tells the story of how she defied the odds and her own fears to start and build HINT, which is the fastest-growing flavored water brand in America.
By the way, she didn’t have elite credentials. She didn’t have insider knowledge. She didn’t have high-level connections in the industry. Oh… and by the way… as she was starting HINT was pregnant with her 4th kid. Surprise!!! But… as you’ll hear… whenever she faced an obstacle, she wouldn’t give up… she kept moving forward… she was undaunted. And that’s what she wants for you too! It’s an amazing story… and I can’t wait to dive into it.
- Kara’s Book: Undaunted Click here
- Hint Water: www.drinkhint.com
- Kara’s Website: karagoldin.com/undaunted
- Kara on Instagram: www.instagram.com/karagoldin
MORE ABOUT KARA GOLDIN AND THE EPISODE:
Before we get to the interview, I want to give you just a little more background on Kara:
- Fast Company named her to their “Most Creative People in Business” List
- Fortune put her on their “Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs” List
- The Huffington Post listed her as one of six major disruptors in business… alongside Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg.
Previously, Kara was Vice President of Shopping and E-commerce Partnerships at AOL, where she helped lead the growth of its startup shopping business to a $1B enterprise.
She has appeared on the TODAY show, CNBC-TV, Fox Business, Bloomberg TV, ABC News, and Extra TV.
“Don’t think about what you can’t do. Figure out what you can do. Then do it to the best of your ability.” – Kara Goldin
“In business… a no is a maybe… and maybe is a yes.” – Kara Goldin
MINUTE BY MINUTE:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 3:25 Meet Kara
- 5:31 Why Kara’s book is important now
- 11:00 How Kara’s journey started
- 17:00 When Kara met her husband
- 19:42 Think outside of your industry
- 27:10 Success can be dangerous
- 30:02 When Kara decided to solve a problem
- 33:36 How to connect with Kara
- 34:24 Mitch’s biggest takeaways
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU:
What did you think? What’s something that stood out to you from what Kara said? Hit me up. Drop a comment and let me know. I can’t wait to hear from YOU!