21 Apr Paula Faris – Figuring Out YOUR Calling.
My guest is Paula Faris. Paula is a Senior National Correspondent at ABC News.
She’s won multiple Emmy Awards as she’s interviewed political leaders, athletes, newsmakers, and celebrities. (Yeah… she’s interviewed ALL of the Avengers and almost ALL of the cast from Star Wars. We will now pause for a moment of silence.) Recently, Paula made the news herself because she chose to walk away from TWO of the biggest dream jobs in her industry.
The first was being the Co-anchor of Good Morning America’s weekend edition and the second was being a co-host of ABC’s “The View.” She didn’t walk away due to some crisis, controversy or for a bad decision. Nope… she chose to walk away to do something she felt called to do. We’re going to talk about that decision and her new book, “Called Out – Why I traded Two Dream Jobs for a Life of True Calling.”
Listen To The Podcast:
Paula Faris RESOURCES:
- Insta: www.instagram.com/paulafaris
- Twitter: twitter.com/paulafaris
- Buy The Book: “Called Out – Why I Traded Two Dream Jobs for a Life of True Calling.
- Paula’s past interview on Dream Think Do: www.mitchmatthews.com/226
In our interview, we talk about how Paula Faris got clarity on her calling and how she found the courage to take a stand for it.
We talk about the difference between your “faith calling” and your “vocational calling.” This was a huge realization and helped her to feel new levels of freedom and clarity. We talk about why… but more importantly, we talk about how you can apply this whether you consider yourself a “religious” person or not.
At the heart of the interview… we talk about the 3 big questions you need to be asking yourself in order to find your true vocational calling:
- What am I good at?
- What do I love to do?
- What do the people I trust say that I’m good at?
I think you’ll really enjoy this conversation. Here’s how it breaks down… minute by minute.
SHOW NOTES AND TIMES:
- 0:02 Welcome!
- 0:18 What to expect today
- 1:15 Meet Paula
- 4:01 How Paula and her family are handing COVID-19
- 6:30 When Paula left two dream jobs and stepped into her calling
- 11:42 Learning how to disconnect what you do from who you are
- 18:20 Finding your faith calling
- 20:14 Finding your vocational calling
- 25:42 Give yourself permission to branch out
- 26:48 Fear should be expected
- 30:00 How to connect with Paula
- 31:40 Mitch’s biggest takeaways
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
So… I want to hear from YOU!
I really appreciated those 3 questions. Heck… I wish I’d had those MUCH earlier in my life. Powerful stuff.
How about you? What clicked with you? What got you thinking? What might you apply from what Paula said? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Check other Podcasts here: