24 Mar Finding Happiness Amid Chaos
My guest is Dan Grec. He’s a Yukon-based adventurer, snowboarder, and photographer.
A few years ago… Dan wanted a more vibrant life… so he quit his day job as an engineer and drove his 2 door Jeep Wrangler 40,000 miles through 16 countries starting in Alaska and ending up in Argentina. That expedition turned into two of the best years of his life. The journey itself… along with the colorful people he met along the way… permanently changed the way he looked at himself… AND the way he looked at life.
He didn’t realize it at the time but that adventure also changed his trajectory… and he’s continued to explore ever since. In fact, just last year he completed a 54,000 mile… 35 country circumnavigation of the African continent in his 4 doors… Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Most importantly, Dan’s found a sense of joy and happiness that he can maintain in the wildest and toughest circumstances and we’re going to talk about that too!
Listen To The Podcast:
- BOOK: The Road Chose Me (Click here.)
- YOUTUBE: youtube.com/theroadchoseme
- INSTAGRAM: Instagram.com/theroadchoseme
MINUTE BY MINUTE:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 1:20 Meet Dan
- 4:06 When Dan said he was going to drive from Alaska to Argentina
- 7:30 How Dan pays for his adventures
- 11:50 Dan’s time in Africa
- 16:44 How Dan is navigating COVID-19
- 18:37 Find a way to be happy
- 21:20 The best things you can do to prepare for adventure
- 24:44 Take the pressure off yourself
- 28:08 How to find what makes you happy
- 29:56 Wisdom of the week
- 31:05 Mitch’s biggest takeaways
What stood out to you? A story? His outlook on living a happy life? His pragmatic approach to paying for his dream? I’d love to hear from YOU! Leave a comment below and let me know!
Listen to Mitch Mattews Top Podcast here