03 Mar SHARE (and market) YOUR EXPERTISE!
David C. Baker is an author, speaker, and advisor, working with independently-owned marketing firms around the world.
In fact… he’s worked with over 800 firms and has helped them with everything from positioning to lead generation… staffing to systems… and client acquisition as well as retention.
He’s been called the “Expert’s Expert” by the New York Times and he’s been featured in the WSJ, Fast Company, USA Today, and Forbes. His newest book, “The Secret Tradecraft of $1M Advisors” is designed to be a handbook for the top 1% of consultants. We’re going to be talking with David about how to set yourself… and your expertise apart to make more impact, have more influence, and bring in more income!
Listen To The Podcast:
David C. Baker RESOURCES:
Before we get to the interview, I have to include a few other fascinating and intriguing elements of David’s history.
He was born in Michigan… but grew up with a tribe of Mayan Indians in a remote village in the highlands of Guatemala… and then came back to the United States when he was 18.
He’s a fan of fine woodworking.
He teaches racing to already expert motorcycle racers.
He flies 25 different types of airplanes and helicopters.
He loves photography.
He speaks 10 languages.
In short… my boy is wicked smart.
Most importantly… he lives in Nashville, Tennessee with his beautiful wife Julie and they have two grown sons who are married… and who have provided David and Julie with some beautiful grandbabies!
Now that we’ve gotten the important stuff covered… let’s get to this!
- 0.02: What to expect today!
- 1:36 Meet David
- 5:47 What it was like growing up in Guatemala
- 6:07 The importance of global travel
- 10:36 The biggest pitfalls for those trying to stand out
- 13:00 Why David’s book forward is unique
- 17:31 How to identify your expertise
- 20:28 How to position yourself
- 23:54 Done is better than perfect
- 26:21 A deeper dive into positioning yourself
- 31:46 The questions to ask yourself as you productize your business
- 38:49 Wisdom of the week
- 42:37 Mitch’s biggest takeaways
Listen to Mitch Mattews Top Podcast here