15 Oct 3 Keys to Beating a Mid-Career Slump!
3 Keys to Beating a Mid-Career Slump
My guest is Antonio Neves. Antonio is an expert on Career Success and he’s an internationally recognized speaker, coach and author. He’s become a great friend over the years and one of the things I’ve learned about him is that he helps successful people to become even more successful. He helps them to take things to the next level and break out of those slumps and plateaus that can happen to the best of us.
Listen To The Podcast:
Antonio’s website: www.theantonioneves.com
Antonio’s books on Amazon: Click here
MORE ABOUT ANTONIO & THE EPISODE:
Antonio’s also an award-winning journalist. In fact, he worked in the television industry for over 10 years in New York City as a business correspondent, host, and producer with top networks including NBC, PBS, BET Networks and Nickelodeon.
Antonio earned a master’s degree from Columbia University and now lives with his beautiful family in Los Angeles, California.
He’s been on DREAM THINK DO twice and you can go back and check those episodes too:
“True ‘Allies’ provide ‘good friction.’ They hold you accountable and
support you in doing what you say you’re going to do!”
– Antonio Neves
Here’s some of what we talk about:
The BIG question: “How do you know you’re in a mid-career slump?”
- You just do “good enough” work
- Getting promoted seems more like a burden than a reward
- You’ve stopped building relationships
- You’ve stopped taking action on your ideas
- You’ve stopped learning
The BIGGER and MORE IMPORTANT question: “What can we do about it?”
Start learning again
Regularly finish something
Surround yourself with allies
Quick Episode Summary:
- 0.02 What to expect today!
- 1:18 The opportunity you don’t want to miss
- 1:48 Get to know Antonio Neves
- 3:47 How Mitch and Antonio met
- 6:21 The professional journey
- 7:59 What Mitch loves about Antonio’s writing
- 11:08 Learning how to never settle
- 13:15 The importance of learning
- 15:49 How to work your way out of a slump
- 19:13 Breakthrough comes in small steps
- 21:13 Finishing something for you
- 25:04 The importance of community
- 27:22 What happens when we support others
- 29:06 Wisdom of the week
- 32:25 Mitch’s biggest takeaways