10 Sep Creativity: It’s Not A Skill. It’s A Habit: Chase Jarvis
My guest is Chase Jarvis. Chase is an award-winning artist, successful entrepreneur, and one of the most influential photographers of the past decade. He’s created campaigns for Apple, Nike, Red Bull, he’s been a contributor to the Pulitzer-winning New York Times story “Snowfall,” AND he’s interviewed some of the biggest names in business, publishing, and entertainment.
He’s created a wildly popular app called “Best Camera,” and he’s the Founder of CreativeLive, where more than 10 million students learn photography, video, design, music, and business from the world’s top creators and entrepreneurs.
Chase has one of the best podcasts out there. It’s called the “Chase Jarvis LIVE Show” where he’s interviewed incredible people like Brene’ Brown, Seth Godin, and Gary Vaynerchuk.
Chase’s new book called “Creative Calling” is set to be released later this month. I got to check out an advanced copy and DREAM THINK DOers… this book was written for you. So be sure to grab a copy. Click Here to check it out.
Today, we’re going to talk with Chase about his journey… but we’re also going to talk about how YOU can release, reawaken or re-ignite your inner-creative… whether you’ve ever considered yourself creative… or not.
Let’s do this!
Quick Episode Summary:
- 2:43 Welcome Chase!
- 4:11 Why Chase wrote his new book
- 6:45 The range of creativity
- 12:16 The first step to creativity
- 16:34 Giving yourself permission
- 17:56 The importance of mindset
- 22:20 Creative systems
- 26:35 Listening to our heart
- 29:13 Intuition
- 31:57 You just have to start
- 33:41 Create something everyday
- 34:26 Amplifying your creativity
- 40:53 Final thoughts from Chase
- 43:01 Mitch’s biggest takeaways
Check other Podcasts here: