06 Aug 8 Steps That Inspired 300 Million Smiles
My guests today are Chris and Emily Norton. They have been at the center of multiple inspiring viral videos. As a result, they have been featured on Good Morning America, the Today Show as well as USA Today and People Magazine! After a terrible accident that left Chris paralyzed from the neck down, he was told he would never walk again. After a lot of hard work, determination and some serious prayer… they proved the experts wrong when Chris walked across the stage (with Emily at his side) at his graduation.
Their amazing adventure continued after graduation. Chris and Emily got married, adopted 5 daughters, provided a home for foster children, published a book, started public speaking and so much more.
We invite you to hear their incredible story of overcoming fear, depression, and anxiety when facing a dark season. We believe there are so many nuggets of wisdom in the episode you can apply to your life.
Quick Episode Summary:
- 2:43 Welcome Chris and Emily!
- 5:03 Chris’s football career
- 5:21 When Chris got injured
- 7:25 When Chris realized he was paralyzed
- 8:55 When Chris and Emily met
- 10:25 What Emily is passionate about
- 12:23 How Chris reached his goal
- 16:04 The power of a public declaration
- 18:31 Chris and Emily’s first nation interview
- 19:49 Emily’s struggle with depression
- 26:49 The Norton’s 5 daughters
- 30:22 How the Norton’s point their kids to God
- 33:32 The Norton’s advice for overcoming hard seasons
- 35:04 How to connect with the Norton’s
- 35:44 Mitch’s biggest takeaways